May 06, 2020
TOMS RIVER – On every scholastic level, teachers rapidly adapting their lesson plans to meet the challenges of distance education can turn to the Ocean County Library’s digital storehouse of services, now and in the future. The support systems include:
- Temporary Virtual Library Cards – Receive access to tens of thousands of eBooks, video and audio streams, news sources, magazines and databases,
- .Digital Resources – Explore databases and suggested lesson plans for elementary, intermediate, secondary and junior college curricula. Read and employ articles, citations and abstracts from more than 500 scholarly journals.
- Digital Content – Download and stream video, audio, eBooks, newspapers, magazines and courses for children, teens and adults from 14 different sources.
- Professional Development Hours – Universal Class contains more than 500 online, non-college credit Continuing Education courses. A Library card and an email address are all that’s needed.
- Online Tutoring – Brainfuse ® offers HelpNow, qualified and background-checked online, real-time tutors for elementary, intermediate, secondary, and college students, in English and in Spanish.
- Chat with a Librarian – OCL librarians stand by Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 2 PM, to field your questions and ideas. Chat by email, online chat, or chat-text to 732-943-1625.
When it’s time to return to the classroom, OCL supplies ample on-site supports including Assignment Alerts, STEM and Maker Programming, and classroom or branch visits. Find out more at http://theoceancountylibrary.org/education/educator-resources.