Frequently Asked Questions
Everyone who is participating in our reading challenges needs a unique username and password. You will select your username and password when you register with Beanstack.
- If you want to change your password, log in, click on Settings – Account. Enter a new password and save.
- If you forgot your password, go to the Beanstack sign in page and click on “I forgot my password.” Beanstack will send you a password reset email.
- If you did not provide an email address when you registered for the Summer Challenge, see a library staff member for assistance in resetting your password.
We need to be able to contact you if you win one of our great prizes.
You’ll receive a welcome email with instructions as well as weekly recommendations for reading materials and library programs. Additionally, if you forget your password, it’s much easier to reset if you provide an email address.
Once you’ve logged into your Beanstack account, click on the “Log Reading and activities” button on the top of the screen. You can log reading or activities for yourself, for other individual readers under your account, or for all readers under your account at the same time. You can also log reading and activities in the Beanstack app.
Beanstack Tracker is available free for iOS and Android users. Login with your Beanstack username and password. You can use Beanstack Tracker to log reading sessions or track activities completed while on the go. Scan ISBN barcodes to quickly add titles to your log; manage family reading logs - mark reading for all or some members of your family at once! Any logging in the app will automatically be tied to your progress in our reading challenges.
If you don't already have a Beanstack account, register with the link above or download the app to set up your account before logging time with the Alexa skill. Then follow these simple steps to set up the skill on your Alexa-enabled device and start logging your reading:
- Enable the skill by either saying “Alexa, enable Beanstack Tracker” or searching for “Beanstack Tracker” in the Alexa Skill Store.
- If you enabled the skill by voice, access the skill from your Amazon Alexa App and Choose to Link Your Account.
- Search for ‘Ocean County Library' when prompted.
- Click ‘Log In To Your Account.'
- When you receive the message "Beanstack Tracker has been successfully linked” you may close the app or website.
- Using Alexa, Say “Alexa, open Beanstack Tracker” and follow the prompts to log minutes and titles. Beanstack allows families to track multiple readers in a single account.
If you have multiple Alexa devices at home, you can use the same Beanstack account across devices or connect each device to a different account.
Yes. When you are signing up, we recommend registering the adult first and then adding the children & other family members as “readers,” so there is one login with multiple associated readers.
- Sign in to your Beanstack Account.
- Choose the reader on your account who wishes to opt out of email notifications.
- Click on "Edit Reader" from the drop down menu next to the Reader’s name at the top
- Choose “No” for Personalized Recommendations and/or Email Notifications and save.