January 27, 2020
BERKELEY TOWNSHIP – The Ocean County Library Berkeley Branch brims with special free activities for all ages in February, including culinary arts, chamber music, and Black History Month commemorations.
- An Evening of Chamber Music with Central Regional High School, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5. Enjoy the talents of CRHS music students.
- Cooking with Chocolate, 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11. Learn recipes for delicious Valentine’s Day treats.
- Heart Candy Boxes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12. Create a unique work of art from a heart-shaped candy box. Grades 7 through 12.
- OCL Puppet Show Players, 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 18. Turtle and Tortoise Are Not Friends, based on the book by Mike Reiss. Ages 2 and up.
- African Themed Craft, 2 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 18. Materials will be provided. Sponsored by Friends of the Berkeley Library.
- Lois Mailou Jones Painting, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19. Celebrate Black History Month by creating art in the style of Lois Mailou Jones. Grades 7 through 12.
- Sourdough for Beginners, 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21. Learn how to maintain your own sourdough starter.
- Kids Cook, 6:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 24. Learn to make tasty treats. Ages 8 -12. Contact the branch for any allergy concerns.
- Space Storytime and Craft, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27. Hear the adventures of African Americans in the US space program, then do a craft. Age 2 and up.
The branch is located at 30 Station Road, Bayville.
Registration, except where otherwise noted, is required for these free events events. To register, call the branch, 732-269-2144, or visit www.theoceancountylibrary.org/events.