November 18, 2019
MANCHESTER – The Manchester Branch of the Ocean County Library will host various featured events in the month of December.
- “The History of the Nutcracker” 2 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4. Discover some interesting background on the beloved ballet, “The Nutcracker” and E.T.A. Hoffman’s fairy tale “The Nutcracker and the Mouse King” on which the ballet is loosely based.
- “Musical Performance by Rhythm N’ Sound” 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7. Listen to cover tunes from the 50s to the 70s, including the Four Seasons, the Beach Boys, Neil Diamond, Motown, and more. This high-energy band has been performing in the area for over 10 years. Registration is not required.
- “Learn to Dance Like a Rockette” 10 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 12. Learn some of the Rockettes’ signature dance steps to celebrate the holidays. No dance experience is necessary.
- “Vel Johnson Jazz Trio in Concert” 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14. Enjoy and afternoon of classic jazz and holiday tunes. Registration is not required.
- “Easy to Make Holiday Ornaments” 10 a.m. Monday, Dec. 16. Make miniature yarn hats and other small decorations to adorn your Christmas tree or other indoor space. Participants should bring their own scissors.
- “Napkin Folding” 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 17 Learn how to create elegant napkin folds to make your table stand out at your next holiday dinner party. Napkins will be provided.
- “The Battle of the Bulge” 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 17. Paul Zigo, Director of the World War II Era Studies Institute will lead a riveting discussion of the battle that Winston Churchill called “the greatest American battle of the war.”
- “American Red Cross Blood Drive” 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 28. Donate blood and make a difference. Walk-ins are welcome but appointments are preferred. Go to redcrossblood.org to make an appointment.
The branch is located at 21 Colonial Drive.
Registration is required for these events unless otherwise noted. To register, call the branch at 732-657-7600 or visit theoceancountylibrary.org/events.