October 29, 2019
JACKSON – The Jackson Branch of the Ocean County Library will host various featured events throughout the month of November.
- “Ed Goldberg and the Odessa Klezmer Band” 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6. Enjoy an evening of rousing dance music, including polkas, Eastern European, Jewish, Ladino, and Middle Eastern tunes.
- “How to Stay Healthy During the Holidays” 11 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 7. Learn about nutrition, diet, exercise, how to avoid weight gain over the holiday season, and more from the Health Education division of the Ocean County Health Department. This program is made possible through the Partnership for a Healthier Ocean County.
- “Resume Basics” 2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 11. Get some tips to present your best possible resume to potential employers. Mouse and internet skills are required.
- “Bladder Health” 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12. Learn about healthy bladder habits and how a physical therapist can help. Jamie Scomak of Inner Dynamics Physical Therapy of Toms River will present. This program is made possible through the Partnership for a Healthier Ocean County.
- “It’s Cranberry Time” 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13. Andrew Anderson from Double Trouble State Park will discuss the history of Ocean County’s cranberry industry, focusing on Jackson Township.
The branch is located at 2 Jackson Drive.
Registration is required for these free events. To register, call the branch at 732-928-4400 or visit theoceancountylibrary.org/events.