January 07, 2019
JACKSON – The Jackson Branch of the Ocean County Library will host several technology classes throughout the month of February.
- “Spotlight On: Windows 10” 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 4. Become familiar with the features of the Windows 10 operating system. Participants should have mouse and keyboard skills.
- “Microsoft Word Basics” 10 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6. Learn how to create and format a document. Topics will include writing text, changing the size and color of words, printing, and more. Participants should have mouse and keyboard skills.
- “Microsoft Excel Basics” 10 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12. Learn how to use a spreadsheet to organize and calculate data. Participants should have mouse and keyboard skills.
- “The Right Career for You” 2 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19. Discuss and review tools used to identify factors to consider and areas to explore when making a career choice or change. This will include NJCAN, My Next Move, MySkillsMyFuture.org, CareerOneStop.org, and nj.gov/labor. Funded by the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development Career Connections grant.
- “Microsoft Word 2” 2 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25. Learn how to insert page numbers, headers and footers, tables, text boxes, clip art, and other features into your document. Participants must have some experience using Microsoft Word.
- “Movie Magic: Streaming Movies How-To” 2 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26. Register for and learn how to use the library’s free streaming services, including Kanopy, Hoopla, and Access Video On Demand. There will also be movie trivia and giveaways. Attendees must bring their Ocean County Library card and have an email account which can be accessed during class.
- The branch is located at 2 Jackson Drive.
Registration is required for these free programs. To register, or for more information, visit theoceancountylibrary.org/events or call the branch at 732-928-4400.