August 27, 2019
MANCHESTER – The Manchester Branch of the Ocean County Library will host a variety of regularly held activities throughout the month of September.
- “Writer’s Circle” 2 p.m. Tuesdays, Sep. 3 and 17. Critique one another’s work and discuss issues pertinent to authorship and getting published. No registration is required.
- “Movie Wednesdays” 6 p.m. Wednesdays, Sep. 4, 11, 18, and 25. Watch movies on the big screen without the admission fee of a movie theater. No registration is required.
- “Chess Club” 12 p.m. Fridays, Sep. 6, 13, 20, and 27. Play chess in a relaxed atmosphere and share your love for the game with beginners. Participants may bring their own game set. No registration is required.
- “Advanced French Club” 6 p.m. Monday, Sep. 9. This advanced and intermediate conversation group will discuss topical events in French, read and discuss French texts, and engage in other French-oriented activities. It is geared toward individuals who are more fluent in the language. This meeting will feature a film screening and discussion of “Nannerl, la soeur de Mozart” (“Nannerl, Mozart’s Sister”) from Kanopy, the streaming service available through the Ocean County Library.
- “Intermediate French Club” 2 p.m. Tuesday, Sep. 10. Improve your understanding of the French language, including vocabulary, grammar, and basic conversation with the help of a French-American librarian. This meeting will review the subjunctive tense.
- “Chicks with Sticks” 2 p.m. Thursdays, Sep. 12 and 26. Participants work on individual knitting and crocheting projects, share ideas and patterns, and form friendships. No registration is required.
- “Quilting Bee” 1 p.m. Friday, Sep. 13 and 27. Members work on individual and group projects while exchanging patterns, techniques, and conversation. No registration is required.
- “Book Chat” 2 p.m. Thursday, Sep. 19. Discuss what you have been reading with the rest of the group. Share good books and pick up ideas for what to read next. No registration is required.
- “Calming Coloring” 2 p.m. Friday, Sep. 20. Spend a relaxing afternoon creating, listening to soothing music, and relaxing with likeminded adults at the library. Coloring sheets, pencils, markers, and crayons will be supplied free of charge. This program sometimes features aromatherapy and a therapy animal for additional de-stressing.
The branch is located at 21 Colonial Drive.
Registration is required for these programs unless otherwise noted. To register, call the branch at 732-657-7600 or visit theoceancountylibrary.org/events.