April 14, 2020
TOMS RIVER – The Ocean County Library aims to serve their community, anywhere they need to be. While its 21 branches are temporarily closed, the Ocean County Library enhances services around-the-clock through their “ 22nd and 23rd Branches” – OCL’s website and social platforms.
- COVID-19 Updates – Everything you need to know now, updated regularly in cooperation with the Ocean County Health Department.
- Temporary Library Cards – OCL has made it easy to obtain a free, temporary virtual OCL card. It opens access to tens of thousands of eBooks, video and audio streams, news sources, magazines and databases.
- Digital Question Box – Need help finding OCL online resources? Time for card renewal? Checking due dates? Ask OCL’s experts through your Internet-enabled device.
- Online Concierge Service – OCL’s digital Concierge Service lets adults, teens and children pinpoint their favorite genres and titles of eBooks and audio books, receive recommendations, and offer feedback about books and series.
- Digital Databases – Cardholders can comb through hundreds of online research resources such as health, education, business, legal and job-hunting aids, literature, languages, newspapers, magazines, ancestry and history.
- Temporary Download Expansion – For a limited time, patrons using OverDrive can borrow up to 10 eBooks, eAudiobooks, and magazines at a time, double the standard amount. Patrons using hoopla can access up to 10 eBooks, eAudiobooks, streamed audio and streamed video in a month.
- Social Media – Join the OCL conversation on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, and see the Library’s full home-grown video series on YouTube.
- Shore To View – OCL’s expanding video collection features children’s songs and activities, step-by-step innovative crafting lessons, book suggestions, business tips and more.
- Census 2020 – A complete guide to completing the form for America’s 10-year population count, facts about its value, and tips for scam protection, in English and Spanish.
Explore the full range of online services, free with your Ocean County Library card, by visiting www.theoceancountylibrary.org