February 25, 2020
TOMS RIVER – The Ocean County Library offers programs through March to educate and enable you for the US Census 2020, ahead of Census Day on April 1.
- “You Count: Census 2020,” 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Mar. 3, Stafford Branch, 129 N. Main St., Manahawkin, 609-597-3381. Learn why the Census is important, how to understand questions, and how your information is safeguarded.
- “The U.S. Census: Then and Now,” 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Mar. 10, Lacey Branch, 10 East Lacey Rd., Forked River, 609-693-8566. Census Data Dissemination Specialist Joseph Quartullo will map the growth of Lacey and of Ocean County, and will provide an overview of the Census process.
- “US Census Jobs Workshop,” 2 p.m., Thursday, Mar. 12, Toms River Branch, 101 Washington St., 732-349-6200. A Census recruiter will explain how to apply. Many positions offer flexible hours and paid training. No registration required.
- “The 2020 Census and Why We Should Participate,” 2 p.m., Monday, Mar. 23, Toms River Branch, 101 Washington St., 732-349-6200. Learn how the population count affects federal government aid and representation. Part-time and temporary job information will be included.
- “Be Counted Storytime,” 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, Mar. 24, Tuckerton Branch, 380 Bay Ave., 609-296-1470. Youngsters can see how counting skills they’re learning are used for the nation. Ages 2 – 6.
- “You Count: Census 2020,” 2 p.m., Tuesday, Mar. 24, Long Beach Island Branch, 217 S. Central Ave., Surf City, 609-494-2480. Learn why the Census is important, how to understand questions, and how your information is safeguarded.
- “Census 2020: Everything You Need to Know,” 2 p.m. Tuesday, Mar. 24, Waretown Branch, 112 Main St., 609-693-5133. Bring your questions to a Census representative and learn the importance of the Census to your community.
Except where noted, registration is required for these free programs. To register, call any branch, or visit www.theoceancountylibrary/events.