May 08, 2020
TOMS RIVER – Parents and caregivers taking a pivotal role in their children’s education at home have a deep reservoir of support in the Ocean County Library’s online learning services, free with a valid Library card. They include:
- Temporary Virtual Library Cards – Access to tens of thousands of eBooks, video and audio streams, news sources, magazines and databases,
- Educational Resource Information Center – Ebsco® databases and suggested lessons for elementary, intermediate, secondary and junior college curricula, with articles, citations and abstracts from more than 500 scholarly journals.
- Curriculum Resource Center – Downloadable, printable lessons, maps and visual displays of history and geography, math activities, and science experiments provided by Facts On File® with funding by the Ocean County Library.
- Digital Content – Download and stream video, audio, eBooks, newspapers, magazines and courses for children, teens and adults from 14 different sources.
- NoveList Plus – Reading recommendations in age ranges from toddler to adult, discussion guides, fiction and non-fiction book lists and more, furnished by the New Jersey State Library with additional funding by the Ocean County Library.
- Online Homework Help and Tutoring – Brainfuse ® offers HelpNow, qualified and background-checked online, real-time tutors for elementary, intermediate, secondary, and college students, in English and in Spanish.
- Chat with a Librarian – OCL librarians stand by Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 2 PM, to field your questions and ideas. Chat by email, online chat, or chat-text to 732-943-1625.
Find out more at http://theoceancountylibrary.org/education/educator-resources. When the Library’s 21 branches and reading rooms reopen, check the OCL Calendar of Events for regularly-updated, age-based programs.