How To Get An Ocean County Library Card
Your Ocean County Library card may be used at all 21 Ocean County Library locations.
The Following people are eligible for a free card:
- Ocean County residents
- Ocean County Business owners
- Ocean County teachers and librarians with proof of employment
- Ocean County students
- Burlington County residents*
- Monmouth County residents*
To get your card:
- Bring current identification and proof of Ocean County residency to any branch.
- Children under 13 need a parent or guardian to sign the application and show proof of residency.
- Children 13-17 may use school ID, report card, school schedule, parent’s ID or letter from school registrar’s office.
- Burlington or Monmouth residents need to bring their county library card and proof of address to activate reciprocal borrowing privileges.
Ocean County Library cardholders may also borrow from the Burlington County Library and the Monmouth County Library. Find more information here:
Burlington County Library: 5 Pioneer Boulevard, Westampton, NJ 08060; (609) 267-9660
Monmouth CountyLibrary: 125 Symmes Drive, Manalapan, NJ 07726; (732) 431-7220
Out-of-county customers with proof of address may purchase a temporary card for $8.00 a month.
Printable Application Form
Click for ENGLISH or SPANISH to print out an application for an Ocean County Library Card.
Here is some more useful information about your Ocean County Library account.
Fines, Fees and Rules of Conduct
*Ocean County Library has reciprocal borrowing with Burlington County Library and Monmouth County Library.