June 20, 2018
JACKSON – The Ocean County Library will host various technology classes throughout July at its Jackson Branch, 2 Jackson Drive, 732-928-4400.
- “Computer Basics: Organizing Files” 2 p.m. Thursday, July 12. This class will teach the best practices for saving and finding files to help organize your computer.
- “Design & Print: Make a Button” 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 17. Create a button with a photo from your phone or email. Participants must have mouse, keyboard, internet skills, and an email account.
- “Microsoft Word Basics” 2 p.m. Thursday, July 19. Learn how to create and format a document. Topics will include writing text, changing the size and color of words, printing, and more.
- “Presenting Google Drive” 10 a.m. Friday, July 20. Learn how to use this free resource that allows you to take your files and folders anywhere. Topics include uploading files and folders, organizing your documents, sharing files, and more. Participants must have a working Gmail account and know their passwords.
- “Introduction to the Internet” 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 24. This class will teach you how to find information on the Internet. Learn how to access the Internet, search for a specific company or organization, and browse for a particular topic. Participants must be comfortable using a mouse and keyboard.
- “Microsoft Word 2” 2 p.m. Thursday, July 26. Our advanced Word class is back. Learn how to insert page numbers, headers and footers, tables, text boxes, clip art, and other features into your document. Participants must have some experience using Microsoft Word.
- “Spotlight On: Windows 10” 10 a.m. Friday, July 27. Become comfortable using the operating system. Participants may bring their own laptop or tablet to use during the presentation. This class will be held in the library’s meeting room on the first floor.
- “Navigating the Path to Employment (NJ Career Connections)” 2 p.m. Monday, July 30. A hands-on tour of the powerful New Jersey Career Connections website. This class is funded by the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development Career Connections grant.
- “Microsoft Excel Basics” 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 31. Learn how to use a spreadsheet to organize and calculate data. Participants should have mouse and keyboard skills.
Registration is required for these free programs. To register, call the branch or visit theoceancountylibrary.org/events.