The Ocean County Library has an awesome collection of YA books to choose from!
We’re asking our teen volunteers to help spread the word about the YA books they are reading!
Interested?? Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- You will need to submit a Teen Volunteer Application to your local branch before you can complete book reviews. We recommend you speak to your local teen librarian for ideas on what books to read.
- Read a YA book, with the following requirements:
- After you’ve read your book, tell us what you think
- Fill out the OCL Teen Book Review Form. Remember you are writing a review for your fellow teens! Give them enough information to help make a decision about choosing the book, but NO SPOILERS!!
Important Things to Remember:
- We want you to enjoy reading and help us promote our awesome YA Collection!
- The book you choose must be a YA book published no more than 3 years ago.
- The books you review must not be on your school curriculum.
- You will get 1 hour of community service time for each approved review.
- You can submit up to 15 reviews per calendar year for a total of 15 qualifying volunteer hours. Please do not submit all reviews at one time.
For more information
Please contact the Teen Librarian at your local branch using the form below.