February 24, 2020
JACKSON – The Ocean County Library, Jackson Branch, will stage seven classes in March to help you master your computer skills, navigate the Internet, and take advantage of financial and creative tools, free to holders of valid OCL cards.
- “Computers 101,” 2 p.m. Friday, Mar. 6. New computer users can get an overview of the keyboard, mouse, files and folders, saving documents, and more.
- “Organizing Files,” 10 a.m. Monday, Mar. 9. Learn how to save and find files, and how to efficiently organize them.
- “Microsoft® Word Basics,” 2:30 p.m. Monday, Mar. 16. Learn how to create, format and print documents. Topics will include writing text, changing word sizes and colors, and adjusting space between paragraphs.
- “Google® It!,” 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 18. Learn Google®’s many features. Topics include using the search box, finding images, and getting driving directions.
- “Valueline® and Morningstar® Investment Databases,” 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Mar. 25. Learn features of the financial resource services, accessible for free in any Library branch or at home with your OCL Library card. Valueline® contains a weekly Investment Survey and a Small & Midcap Edition of more than 1,700 companies. Morningstar® offers similar tools to learn and evaluate stocks, bonds, ETFs and other investments.
- “Microsoft® Excel Basics,” 10 a.m. Thursday, Mar. 26. Master the use of spreadsheets to organize and calculate data.
- “Creativebug®: Classes for Makers & Crafters,” 2 p.m. Monday, Mar. 30. Explore OCL’s newest database. Active card holders have free, unlimited access to thousands of online art and craft classes that never expire.
The branch is located at 2 Jackson Drive.
Registration is required for these free workshops. To register, call the branch, 732-928-4400, or sign up online at www.theoceancountylibrary.org/events.