March 31, 2017
TOMS RIVER - The Ocean County Library will offer a series of healthy eating programs with guidance from ShopRite dieticians during April and May at 10 branches.
Four of the programs, entitled Healthy Snacks, are geared toward adults with special challenges and their caregivers. They will offer hands-on cooking demonstrations:
- Little Egg Harbor Branch, 290 Mathistown Rd., 609-294-1197, Friday, April 7, 11 a.m.
- Barnegat Branch, 112 Burr St., 609-698-3331, Thursday, May 4, 11 a.m.
- Lakewood Branch, 301 Lexington Ave., 732-363-1435, Thursday, May 11, 10:30 a.m.
- Berkeley Branch, 30 Station Rd., 732-269-2144, Monday, May 30, 11 a.m.
To register for Healthy Snacks, contact Lori Sansone at 609-693-8566 ext. 3926.
The following programs are geared toward children and their families. They provide fun, interactive demonstrations about healthy eating and how to make creative, healthy snacks.
- Toms River Branch, 101 Washington St., 732-349-6200, Kids Growing Great, Monday, April 17, 10:30 a.m.
- Stafford Branch, 129 N. Main St., 609-597-3381, Science Explorers: Garden in a Glove, Monday, April 17, 4 p.m.
- Manchester Branch, 21 Colonial Dr., 732-657-7600, Creative Cooking with ShopRite, Friday, April 21, 2 p.m.
- Jackson Branch, 2 Jackson Dr., 732-928-4400, Cooking with Jenn Klein from ShopRite, Wednesday, April 26, 10:30 a.m.
- Waretown Branch, 112 Main St., 609-693-5133, Shop Rite Presents: Cinco de Mayo, Friday, May 5, 2 p.m.
- Beachwood Branch, 126 Beachwood Blvd., 732-244-4573, Healthy Cooking with Giavonna, Monday, May 8, 7 p.m.
The programs are free and open to the public, but registration is required. To register for the children’s and family events, please call the branches or visit www.theoceancountylibrary.org and click on “Calendar of Events.”