Affordable Care Act Information
By state law, New Jersey residents are required to obtain medical insurance. For more information visit GetCoveredNJ.
Affordable Care Act Information from New Jersey State Library — Click here.
As of November 1, 2020, New Jerseyans use GetCovered.NJ.gov instead of HealthCare.gov to shop for and enroll in health insurance coverage.
- The 2023 Open Enrollment Period for GetCoveredNJ health insurance was November 1, 2022 to January 31, 2023.
- Even after the open enrollment period ends, policies starting in 2023 may still be available if you quality for a Special Enrollment Period or SEP. Many events can qualify you including losing health coverage, changes in residence or income, major life events like marriage, divorce, birth of a child, newly gained US citizenship or release from prison. For information on whether you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, visit the GetCoveredNJ page on Special Enrollment Period.
- You can enroll in NJ FamilyCare, the state’s publicly funded health insurance program with free or low-cost health coverage, any time of year without qualifying for a Special Enrollment Period.
NJ Family Care is both a federal and state funded health insurance program created to help qualify New Jersey residents of any age, by providing them with access to affordable health insurance.
For more information click here.
New Jersey State Library Guide to the Affordable Care Act (for 2023 coverage) - Helpful resources, information about using GetCoveredNJ instead of Healthcare.gov, links to the Federal Affordable Care law, information about Special Enrollment Periods and how to choose the plan for you.
- Get CoveredNJ Customer Call Center
- Find local help with enrolling at GetCoveredNJ
- Complaints about insurance companies:
- Click here or call or call (609) 292-7272 for more information.